About Me

My photo
I'm immortally interested in cultural/literary deconstructions, feminism, anti-racism, South Korea, Supernatural, Sherlock Holmes, Hayao Miyazaki, Diana Wynne Jones, food (including but not limited to maple butter, tomatoes, and toast), fairy tales, parentheses, paper airplanes, films and books.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Once Upon A Time V


I stumbled across this picture while being lazy on the Internet again when I should be working. I had to follow the jump and I'm glad I did. I came to a quest or a challenge of sorts held over at Stainless Steel Droppings (heh) on books about fairytales, magic and folktales. It sounds so great that I'm signing up too!

This is the challenge I'm taking:


Read at least one book from each of the four categories. In this quest you will be reading 4 books total: one fantasy, one folklore, one fairy tale, and one mythology. This proves to be one of the more difficult quests each year merely because of the need to classify each read and determine which books fit into which category. I am not a stickler, fear not, but I am endlessly fascinated watching how folks work to find books for each category.

I might be late in the game but I already have my books lined up! I'll be reviewing:

Fantasy: The Pinhoe Egg by Diana Wynne Jones
Mythology: Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Folklore: Heroes of the Valley by Jonathan Stroud
Fairytale: Coraline by Neil Gaiman

I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment