About Me

My photo
I'm immortally interested in cultural/literary deconstructions, feminism, anti-racism, South Korea, Supernatural, Sherlock Holmes, Hayao Miyazaki, Diana Wynne Jones, food (including but not limited to maple butter, tomatoes, and toast), fairy tales, parentheses, paper airplanes, films and books.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Follow Me Friday (2)

Since I'm extremely absentminded, I didn't realize that i hadn't gone to Parajunkee's HQ and thought the old question was the new one. Sigh. I really didn't want to delete my other post and my link so I'm just going to do another one! Yay!

As you know, Follow Me Friday is hosted by Parajunkee to help promote bloggers and other fun stuff.

Q. The Blogger Apocalypse made me a little emotional. What is the most emotional scene in a book that you have read lately?


That's probably the very, very end of Before I fall. I won't spoil it for anyone but I wasn't moved by that book until I realized what was going to happen. That might be because I'm watching 49 Days, which is a show about a girl who tries to collect tears so she can come back to life. I think the reality of Before I Fall hit me just a little bit too late. Granted, I wasn't bawling but I can't deny that I didn't feel the tears gathering in my eyes. Hallmark of a well written book and what made me give the book more stars.

5 comments:

  1. Hopping by to visit and follow! I really need to read Before I Fall. I had bought it at one point, but I think I ended up giving it away! I love that you like Diana Wynne Jones and Miyazaki films. Wasn't the anime for Howl's Moving Castle by Studio Ghibli? That makes it the best of both worlds, in my opinion. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. New follower! Before I Fall was definitely powerful. I loved it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before I Fall was epic. I still get chills thinking of certain lines. Here's my Follow Friday: http://thoughtsatoneinthemorning.blogspot.com/2011/05/off-shelf-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi & Happy Friday!

    I am a new follower :)

    My FF for this week is here,
    http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all. And yes, Tiger, I agree! The best of both worlds :). @Jessica S., definitely. Especially the parts when Sam is contemplating her fate.

    ReplyDelete