About Me

My photo
I'm immortally interested in cultural/literary deconstructions, feminism, anti-racism, South Korea, Supernatural, Sherlock Holmes, Hayao Miyazaki, Diana Wynne Jones, food (including but not limited to maple butter, tomatoes, and toast), fairy tales, parentheses, paper airplanes, films and books.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

2011 YA READING CHALLENGE

A book challenge hosted at Jamie's Bookshelf caught my eye back in January. I completely spaced out like an idiot and went on to do the challenge without actually linking or posting about it. So without further ado, here are the rules:

Here are the rules:

1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate. Create a post about the challenge and link your challenge post up in the linky below.

--Non-Bloggers: Post your list of books in the comment section of the wrap-up post.

2. There are four levels:

--The Mini YA Reading Challenge – Read 12 Young Adult novels.

--The "Fun Size" YA Reading Challenge – Read 20 Young Adult novels.

--The Jumbo Size YA Reading Challenge – Read 40 Young Adult novels.

--The Mega size YA Reading Challenge – Read 50+ Young Adult novels.

3. Audio, eBooks, paper, re-reads all count.

4. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.

5. The Challenge starts on January 1, 2011 and goes until December 31, 2011.

I chose Jumbo-Size with as much courage as i could muster. I thought about the Mega and one and I really didn't want to be seen crashing and burning on the Internet.

So here are the books that I have so far read and that I am planning on reading this month and the next:

Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott
White Cat by Holly Black
Looking For Alaska by John Green
Red Glove by Holly Black
The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman (Re-read)
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Re-read)
Ash by Malinda Lo
Eon: Dragoneye Reborn by Alison Goodman
Lips Touch: Three Times by Laini Taylor
The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson (ARC)
The Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan
Crusade by Nancy Holder
How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff
A Blue So Dark by Holly Schindler
Liar by Justine Larbalestier
An Off Year by Claire Zulkey (No review but read)
Leviathan by Scott Westerfield
The Pinhoe Egg by Diana Wynne Jones (Re-read)
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
Tales of a Madman Underground by John Barnes
The Uninvited by Tim Wynne Jones
Split by Swati Avasthi
Heroes of the Valley by Jonathan Stroud
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Enclave by Ann Aguirre

My goal: to be finished all of these in three weeks.
The following are the rest of the books I will try meeting before I leave on my trip out of the country.

Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton
Where She Went by Gayle Forman
An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Paper Towns by John Green
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Hunger by Jackie Morse Kressler
Rage by Jackie Morse Kressler
Charmed Life by Diana Wynne Jones (Re-read)
Conrad's Fate by Diana Wynne Jones (Re-read)
Fire and Hemlock by Diana Wynne Jones (Re-read)
Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones
The House of Many Ways by Diana Wynne Jones
Deep Secret by Diana Wynne Jones
(Note: in case you were too blindsided, I worship Diana Wynne Jones and send my condolences that such a masterful writer had to leave us due to cancer.)

LET'S GET IT STARTED!

No comments:

Post a Comment